Monday, January 20, 2020

52 Favorites-Weeks #1, #2, and #3

Paper Issues’ 52 Favorites challenge was something I’ve wanted to do for a while. It's a quick way to document those somewhat random moments in your week that might not make it onto a regular scrapbook page. Wanting something a little larger than a travelers notebook, I decided to make my own pages by cutting a pack of 81/2 x 11 cardstock in half. Then I used a Bind-It-All to punch holes. When the year is done, I'll gather up all the pages and add O-rings. Sometime between now and then, I might even make a cover! ;)

Week #1

Highlights in this first week of 2020 include struggling to put together a beautiful but difficult puzzle, making chocolate chip pancakes for Kevin and I, and finally having time to enjoy my Christmas gifts!


Two patterned paper scraps, washi tape, and colorful letter stickers were all I needed to pull this spread together. One week down, 51 to go!

Week #2

This week was defined by school resuming for Kevin and the start of my 7-on. My photos highlight the textbooks that began to dribble in from Amazon and the big breakfast I cooked on my last day of leisure. 


Circular scraps from an earlier project are used on the left, while paper cut outs from an older Bella Blvd. collection show up on the right. 

Week #3 

Most Sundays Tommy cooks for a dozen people give or take. This Sunday his stack of mini muffalettas looked so cute piled up on the plate. I wasn't fast enough however, as the stack was down to one layer by the time I pulled out my phone. LOL! 


I used a few more scrap pieces from Bella Blvd's Alex collection to dress up these pages. The hamburger die cut was perfect, as were the actual muffulettas! YUM!

---

How about that?! Three weeks down and I'm keeping up, having fun working with this new-to-me format. Check out all of the inspiration in Paper Issue's 52 Friday Favorites challenge album. It's never too late to start!



No comments: