Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Book Is Like A Garden

I seem to do most of my reading in the summer when there's more opportunity to sit back and relax. Our week at the beach usually affords me enough time to finish a couple of books. Then there are the almost daily trips to the fitness center. I workout while Kevin plays at Kidsport, then read while he swims. I read a lot this summer! Lately, not so much. But I plan to get on the reading kick again, and when I do, I'll have a cool little place to note what I read.


























This page was done for Lifetime Moments and is featured in the October 19th issue of their weekly newsletter. I may have gone a little overboard, but filling the pocket (cut from an old pair of children’s pants) was too much fun. It really does look like there’s a garden growing out of the pocket and trailing down the paper. And I LOVE that miniature library card stamp from Maya Road. This page will be a great addition to my Book of Me!

2 comments:

Susan Stringfellow said...

AWESOME idea! I love the pocket but the cards are perfect too. Well done!

Petunia said...

What an original idea to put a real pocket on there! You are so artistic (but we knew that)!!