Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Tree of Life

A few years back, and apart from any planned Disney vacation, I picked up a book about the making of Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World Florida. It was a fascinating account, describing in detail how the park came together, along with its iconic symbol, the Tree of Life. Did you know that there are almost 400 animals carved into its cement exterior?! The animals seem to be born from the branches and trunk, taking life from the tree. And I guess that's how it got its name.

Looking back at this picture, I wish I had taken the time to zoom in on a few of the carvings, or photograph it from different angles. I kept thinking I'd have another opportunity to slow down and take more detailed photos. But it didn't happen. By the time we were heading back out the park, and past the towering tree, I was too tired to even look up. I'm glad I got this one nice shot!



Supplies: Patterned paper-Fancy Pants Design, Chipboard Tree and paper bird-Maya Road, Cardstock border stickers and journaling card-My Mind's Eye, Chipboard circles-Bazzill, and Chipboard letters-Basic Grey.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this page - the photo is beautiful and the layout details are really nice!

nancyburke said...

Amazing photo!!! Love this page and the little touches of animal print. Not too overdone or cluttery- just perfect!!!