Friday, May 31, 2013

Sunburst Sketch

With Susan Stringfellow's sketch in mind, and Scraptastic's May kit, Destinations Unknown in hand, I knew just what I wanted to do for this Easter Sunday photo of my dad. And it was going to be colorful! But before chopping up those papers willy-nilly, I planned out the sunburst design by drawing a template on printer paper and assigning colors to the various pieces. Assembling was then quite easy.


Did you catch the shine? Although we had quite a laid back Easter Sunday, I wanted this page to be special. After piecing the sunburst pattern, I used gold mist to add a bit of sparkle.


The 2 circular Road Trip icons from Chic Tags fit perfectly into those over-sized bottle caps from my stash. I used the striped vellum to fashion an envelope for my tag and decorated it with all sorts of fun tidbits, including a Studio Calico speech bubble, Ormolu flair, and October Afternoon "doo-dads", all from the kit and add-on.


The little birdies (originally included in one of the October kits), were a playful addition. Tweet, tweet!

You can check out the sketch and all the rest of the sketch-inspired layouts on the Scraptastic blog. TFL!


4 comments:

Sue Althouse said...

This is lovely! Very colorful but not chaotic. Fantastic page!

Emily Adams said...

This page is beautiful! I love the embellishments that look like pies,

Erica said...

Okay I'm so sunburst challenged its not funny. I e attempted this so many times ! Great take on the sketch!

Susan Stringfellow said...

this page makes me really want crawfish. Perfect papers and I love the title