Monday, August 12, 2013

T-Shirt Titles

One of my pastimes while waiting for Kevin's events at interminably long swim meets is to check out all the other team T's and their slogans. I thought this one, "Practice Like A champion" was particularly cool, with an emphasis on the letters, ACT. Of course, I filed it away, knowing it would turn up on a scrapbook page one day...and it did:


The bright orange watercolor cardstock background was made with Gelatos and water, bringing out the little bits of orange in the patterned paper. Uh-oh, do you see the rogue green enamel dot in the middle of my photo?! Hahaha...I didn't notice it until just now! I meant to add only the white ones, little clusters of "bubbles":


Cutting large letters out of the Cameron paper from Elle's Studio, I was able to emphasize the word "ACT" in my title:  


Everything is from Scraptastic's August kit, I Found A Boy, except for the tiny letter stickers and heart brad, leftovers from a previous Scraptastic kit. 

I was glad to have found this great team slogan, and it worked perfectly for my page. Where do you find title inspiration? 

14 comments:

Danielle said...

Great design of the page and I LOVE how you did the title!

Kimberly Kett said...

This is so cool! LOVING the title work and the use of pattern paper!

Tanya Ham said...

GORGEOUS!! And that is a GREAT slogan to remember for lots of sports or hobbies!! :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Love your title work, Madeline! Such a great page!

Meghann Andrew said...

Love the design of this layout! I often take title names from song lyrics!

Anonymous said...

fab layout and love how you did your title!

Sue Althouse said...

This is a fantastic page! Love that you're looking for design inspiration at a swim meet, lol!

Pam W. said...

Beautiful layout!!

mk said...

Great layout. Love the colors. Love the title!

msmith434343 said...

Really super job and I, too, love the title phrase - will have to tell my cheerleader daughters that! I would never have noticed that green dot until you pointed it out - looks like a decoration on the back of her suit!! :) Terrific job and lovely colors.

Dictionary said...

Beautiful, great title work!

Anonymous said...

I love the colours in this layout, and your title is fantastic! I can see why you filed it away.

Elisa K said...

wow I love the colors and the title is perfect. love it.. thanks for sharing.

Susan Stringfellow said...

What a great idea and the page is really striking with these fun colors. I love the way you did the title. But isn't it kind of sad that we cant look at anything anymore without thinking of how it will work for scrapbooking?! LOL! I bought a button at Menchies Frozen yogurt while I was there yesterday because it was a cute flair.