Today I'm sharing a project of mine that was showcased on the American Crafts blog last Friday. The entire week was dedicated to holiday projects such as this, and now begins a week of neighbor gifts. There are lots of great ideas. Check it out if you haven't already!
Here is my festive tree frame:
This holiday frame features several papers and stamps from the American Craft Autumn Crisp collection. I chose a fresh, updated color scheme and added details such as buttons, glitter stars, and stitched wording, along with a pretty embossed border. Detailed instructions are included below.
1. Cut turquoise Willow Road paper (366521)-Autumn Crisp into a 9x12 rectangle.
2. Cut white center of Maple Street paper (366516)-Autumn Crisp into a 7x10 rectangle, and adhere to center of turquoise paper.
3. Stamp and emboss the turquoise paper in white, using the berry branch from the Autumn Crisp Pine stamp set. Arrange so as to slightly overlap the branches at each corner.
4. Cut trees in the following dimensions (left to right as shown):
- Pink, Park Place paper (366519)-Autumn Crisp (Height 4 ½ in. Base 2 ¾ in.)
- Polka dot print, Warm Welcome paper (366160)-Polka Dot Party (Height 4 in. Base 2 ¼ in.)
- Plaid, Poplar Place paper (366524)-Autumn Crisp (Height 5 in. Base 2 ¾ in.)
- Brown polka dot print, 6x6 Paper Pad (366086)-Cut & Paste (Height 4 in. Base 2 ½ in.)
6. Generously spread Crystal Zazz glitter glue onto chipboard stars from the Cut & Paste Adhesive Chipboard Pieces pack. Set aside to dry.
7. Stitch sentiment onto bottom of white rectangle, using stitching template and pink floss from Right Now Alpha (366082)-Cut & Paste. Adhere star sequin above the base of the letter “i”. (Hint: With pointy pencil, mark scrap paper with phrase and use this paper to center words on background before punching holes.)
8. Adhere trees as shown, leaving space for trunks, stars, and button toppers.
9. Add trunks to trees by cutting and notching brown sticker from Cut & Paste 12" Epoxy Borders.
10. Add trim to second tree, red and white ric-rac from Epoxy Borders pack. Sew red button on top.
11. Sew white buttons onto fourth tree, with one on top.
12. Adhere stars at the top of the first and third trees as shown.
13. Add glossy paint to berries and let dry thoroughly.
14. Place in 9 in. x 12 in. frame and enjoy!
This star garland, shared in my last blog post, was made from many of the same papers as my frame!
One compliments the other!