Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Decade Apart

I have two more pages to share today, one with a photo from last summer, one with a photo from over a decade ago. Both were created with the very vibrant Scraptastic kit, Mr. Big Stuff. 

As soon as I saw all of the color in the kit, especially the flurry of primaries, I was in love. On the page below, however, I went with a more subdued look, using kraft and blue. The page was split, diagonal print up top, ticket print on the bottom, with an assortment of similarly colored embellishment goodies layered along the horizon. Pure fun!


And now for a very vibrant page put together piecemeal from colorful polka dot and striped paper.  A 10-month old Kevin looks on in amazement and admiration when his big brother blows a bubble. So funny. I love the little one's expression.



Yes, you never know which decade I'll be scrapping next! Every once in a while it's fun to pull a really old picture out from the box. I tend to hop all over the calendar. Do you like to scrap chronologically or out of order? Or does it not matter?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great layouts, love the page design of the first and the second is so fun with the bright blocks of paper!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

awesome layouts- love the papers

Anonymous said...

These layouts are wonderful! Love both!!

Tanya Ham said...

OMGoodness! I was loving the first layout, and when I scrolled to the next, loved it even more! :) GREAT job on both!!

Susan Stringfellow said...

Just beautiful boy pages! Love this kit. And I never know what decade I will be scrapping either. :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Fabulous boy pages, Madeline! Love the border on the first page and all of the blocks of paper on the second.

Tracy said...

Both layouts are equally lovely.