Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Must Have Been The Wings!

I've gotten a bit behind in getting my pages to my blog...ooops! The one below was featured on the Scraptastic blog last week, but it's one of my favorites, and I have to share it. What I really love about this kind of page is that it takes very little planning. I had an idea and simply dove in! All these scraps were hanging around my desk, and instead of sorting and storing, or throwing them away, I decided to put them to use as little flags on a trio of banners running from one side of the page to the other.


The only problem with not planning, was that I couldn't find a place that I liked for my title. A little one here or a large one there...nope, they just didn't work. The solution: no title...or at least no obvious title. In my mind, the title is those last few words of my journaling: Must Have Been The Wings! No need to repeat it elsewhere on the page, right?!


The photo was taken as my son and I enjoyed lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. We had been at a swim meet in Baton Rouge, and were trying to bide our time between prelims finals. He had a great morning swim, besting his time in the 100 fly. When we returned to the pool later that afternoon, he dropped 4 more seconds when he swam the event again. It was an awesome day, and I journaled about it in looping lines right above each banner.


Yep, it must have been the wings. It does make perfect sense since he was swimming butterfly!

Supplies from the Scraptastic Store: Patterned paper: (Gossamer Blue On My Desk), (Dear Lizzy Serendipity), (Pebbles Happy Day), (Echo Park Creative Agenda); Embellishments: (Jillibean Soup Funny Notebook Tags), (Freckled Fawn Retro Star Clips).



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Madeline, I love your page! Love it!!! It does not need a define title, it is perfect!

Kimberly Kett said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!! GREAT layout!!