Friday, August 12, 2011

100 Days of Summer-NOT

I WISH there were 100 days of "summer"! Alas, summer, as defined by Kevin, is from the end of one school year to the beginning of the next, and there are only 74 days between the two. 74 days of relaxing, unstructured freedom. Days to fill with swimming and board games (Bananagrams and Spongebob Monopoly are faves), a vacation to the beach (Disney this year), sleeping in and staying up late. Days without school. And in case I didn't emphasize it enough, DAYS WITHOUT SCHOOL! Yep...100 such days would be nice, but I'm sorta looking forward to the routines of fall. (Did I say that?!)



Supplies: Patterned paper-Simple Stories (100 Days of Summer collection), BasicGrey, Lace cardstock-KI Memories, Stickers-Simple Stories, Bingo Card-Jenni Bowlin, Chipboard letters-American Crafts, Letter stickers-BasicGrey.

The two little girls in the photos below are my daughters, now 28 and 30! I recently came across these photos from a company "picnic" on the beach in Biloxi. The kids swam in the murky gulf water while the adults played volleyball in the sand. Fun times.



Supplies: Patterned paper-Simple Stories (100 Days of Summer collection), BasicGrey, diecut paper-BasicGrey, flower-Prima, dye ink.

3 comments:

Heidi Smith said...

I've been meaning to pick up these collections! you did great! love the second one.

Susan Stringfellow said...

oh I have got to pull out these papers! I just love the way you punched the circles on the 74 days and I have to admit that that background scene had me pretty intimidated but I love the way you used it. Such a fun layout.
LOVE that summer banner overlapping that quote piece. The whole page just looks very refreshing and cool.

Nancy Burke said...

Such fun and bright pages! You always have the best photos!