Monday, May 25, 2015

Isn't Life Grand?


Titling a layout isn't always the simplest feat. I'm so indecisive. Should I allow the title to wander all over my page, plump with descriptive words, or should I be simple and concise. What about restating the obvious? It's usually an easy out! But what can I do to make my title less ordinary? Hmmm...how about posing a question? That's what I did with the layout below:


The title is a rhetorical question. After listing a few of the wonderful attributes of a week at the beach, I ask for agreement, "Isn't Life Grand?" A mix of Thickers and WeRMemory Keepers letters make it fun:



There are so many beautiful embellishments in Scraptastic's Purple Rain kit and add-on. I love the decorative clips and chipboard hearts:


Baker's twine and an enamel heart give dimension to the popped up die-cut below:


Here's another one with the Purple Rain kit and add-on:


Again, I use a mix of lettering for my title:


This cluster is chock full of fun pieces from the kit (die-cut tag and heart, transparency pieces, enamel heart and an awesome acrylic bird-in-flight):


Vellum and acrylic words overlap beautifully:


Now, about those sesame seed cookies in the photo. Descendants of New Orleans' Italian immigrants have perpetuated elaborate St. Joseph Day altars, piled high with traditional dishes, breads, cookies, and more. My tradition on March 19 is on a much smaller scale, but just as delicious. ;)

No comments: