Friday, June 12, 2015

Your Journey Starts Here

The Scraptastic kit that I received this month is called the Can't Go Home kit and it practically screams color, big bold color! But somehow I managed to pull out a variety of soft, pastel papers and embellishments for the page below. I also had a bit of a different take on the kit's obvious travel theme. Thinking about my middle son's college graduation, I realized that although these last four years have been quite a journey, an even greater journey awaits. And it all starts here. 


The only part of the page not from the kit is the word, "here." Wanting the last part of my title to stand out, I chose a die-cut word from my stash. Then I wrapped the word end to end, using six strands of embroidery floss.


A clustering of tags and kit embellishments decorate the page: die-cuts, flair, corkboard, chipboard, and acrylic shapes:


Another tag suggests "Let's Go"!


Have you scrapped any real or metaphorical journeys lately?



No comments: