Thursday, October 22, 2015

You Are Here

Surprise, surprise! After assembling the bright, colorful, beachy page which I shared a few days ago, there were a several cut-into papers sitting on my desk. Turning them over, I discovered a muted aqua print on one, with a matching stripe on the other. Pairing them with my seagull photo resulted in the soft, monochromatic page below:


I purposely cut the top two papers on a bit of a diagonal and assembled them leaving plenty of white space at the bottom of the page. It was quite accidental however, that the photograph also had a similarly tilted "line", the slightly sloping sand dunes in the out-of-focus background of my picture. A nice coincidence!

Cuts from October's This Life Noted digital files were lifted off the papers with pop dots, leaving soft shadows underneath. 


It's nice to keep it simple every once in a while, and I really love this look with my photo. Tomorrow though, I'll be back with another page showing off the more vivid papers and embellishments of Scraptastic's Riptide kit. Stay tuned...






No comments: