Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Enjoy

I'm finally getting to all the pictures from our spring trip to Whistler, Canada, and this one shows exactly what we did there...relax! Yes, there were trips up the mountain in the Gondola, lots of great meals and window shopping, but the best times were when we had nothing planned and could just enjoy our time away from the everyday. 

Here's Tommy checking out the oversized chess board at our hotel. 


This layout was made with the March main kit from My Creative Scrapbooks, a gorgeous kit full of Simple Stories' "I Am" papers, chipboard, die-cuts, and stickers. Fussy cut flowers and greenery were used to trim the large paper heart shape.


That yellow house reminded me of our own home, two story, yellow, and full of charm (if not flowers), so I cut it from one of the patterned paper journaling cards and added it to the page as well.



Now let me tell you about my title. The foam letters were originally pure white, but a brushing with gold Perfect Pearls pigment powder gave them a shimmery new look. Another pot of Perfect Pearls rescued the patterned paper heart. Trying to be a bit more artsy, I had originally dry brushed the edges with white paint. The result was too stark, and not exactly what I had in mind! A brushing with pink pearl powder fixed it up nicely.


Now it looks so much better!

Stay tuned for more projects from this beautiful main kit by My Creative Scrapbooks.








1 comment:

Mary Jo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.