Monday, March 12, 2018

Our Family-Step By Step

This step-by-step for my Our Family layout was shared on the My Creative Scrapbooks blog last week:

I began my page not really thinking about the page, but about ALL the possibilities for combining butterflies, flowers, and journaling cards, all plentiful in the papers and embellishments of this month's My Creative Scrapbooks Main kit. So out came the scissors...


to set those butterflies free!


Here they are dressing up three of the large journaling cards. Adhered to a cardstock or patterned paper base, any of these would make a wonderful all-purpose greeting card. But first, I'll choose one for my layout.


I started with two patterned papers from the kit, a yellow print up top, black and white plaid below, in a 1:2 ratio, then picked one of the dressed up journaling cards and adhered it to the bottom of my page. A second journaling card was layered behind the first.


Out came the scissors again, this time cutting up the prettiest floral paper. (I know! Hard to do, but I had ideas for the pieces!) Sifting through my fussy cut flowers and greenery, I chose a few pieces for the bottom of my page, and set the others aside for another layout I had planned. ;)


Three more butterflies were added, flying up from the flowers:


To balance things out, a pretty doily was tucked behind the cards. This was actually a RED doily, but the backside was perfectly white. Yay!


Believe it or not, up to this point I hadn't decided upon a photo! I had printed several, but when I set this rare family photo on the page, I knew it was the one. As you can see, a plaid scallop border sticker was added to the top, with the beginnings of my title:


A couple of tags were tucked beneath the picture, and buttons adhered beneath the word, family:


As always, a few final details seemed to attach themselves. I added to my title, dotted the "i" with hearts and a little banner, then dated the page:


Like the page says, "I am...thankful, grateful, blessed" for my awesome family, and this awesome kit from My Creative Scrapbooks. ;)


1 comment:

Mary Jo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.