Sunday, May 6, 2018

Tales from the Trail

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. That may be true, but sometimes you need words to tell the whole story, a story the photo doesn't reveal. And that is precisely why I needed to create a scrapbook page with this photo, one that includes more journaling than usual. It's the story of our hike to this lake...and consequently a ride to the emergency room! :o



The whole purpose for this pre-breakfast hike was to capture an early morning photo of this lake and pier. I intended to lay down on the decking and get a really awesome shot of water, mountains, trees and sky.

Then, as my journaling describes, "it all went downhill...literally."


With 2/3rds of the page devoted to photo and journaling, I had one long strip of paper left on which to place my embellishments.

First, bits and pieces of patterned paper from My Creative Scrapbooks' April Main kit were layered away. A honeycomb-pattern strip of packaging was added to the mix. Then the fun begins, as die-cuts and stickers complete the page.


Happy National Scrapbooking Day!


No comments: