Thursday, June 11, 2020

May Sketch-Virtual Happy Hour


(Originally published on the Paper Issues Blog)

Good morning friends! It's Madeline here with a fun interpretation of this month's sketch. Thanks to a couple of Paper Issues cut files, I created an ode to the virtual Happy Hour. 


Here is the May sketch:

On my page, wine bottles and glassware stand in for the shapes and tags above. 
I found my drinking elements in the Cheers Time! and Cinco de Mayo cut files, free in the Paper Issues Store. After arranging them in rows as in the sketch, I cut them from white cardstock.


Next, I carefully removed the cuts and placed them aside (to be used later). I splattered the background with inks, then backed the holes, some with patterned paper and others with gloriously colorful packaging from a Vicki Boutin stencil set


Finally, I backed a few of the cuts, "filling" some of the glasses with Merlot, "labeling" the wine bottles, then loosely attached all to the page.  


From there it was easy to complete: photo, title, and journaling. Done!  


Are you up for this month's sketch challenge? If you do play along, please share your page in the Paper Issues Friends and Fans Facebook group. I'd love to see what you make! And when you shop the Paper Issues Store, use my code for 20% off your entire order.

No comments: