Thursday, April 10, 2014

Embellishment Love

Today I'm sharing my first page with this month's Scraptastic travel-themed kit. A favorite part of every Scraptastic kit has to be the plethora of embellishments, so carefully chosen to compliment the colors, patterns, and theme. April's kits are no exception, and I can't say enough about those selected for the Let Me Go kit. I used die-cuts, a cork shape, stickers, chalkboard flags, gold glitter enamel dots and exclusive flair and stamps in a few carefully placed clusters on the page below.


Creating interesting clusters are easy when you combine elements with different sizes, textures and shapes.
Here are two more cluster close-ups:


With the assortment of decorative elements in each Scraptastic kit, you can embellish any number of pages. Here's a peek at the page I'll be sharing tomorrow:

  
I see stamping, mist, stitching...and lots of color!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The more I see posted about Scraptastic... the more I think I want to join a kit club.

Mirabyll said...

This is so good! Black, cream & yellow works perfectly for this type of layout! Love the embellishments! I must try and see if I can make flags like those!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

super layout!

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful layout Madeline - the color scheme is perfect and your use of embellishment clusters are spot on.

Tracy said...

Such a great layout.
I like the clusters you put together.

Mary Jo said...

Fun embellishing for sure!
There are three kits I have been eying and Scraptastic is one of them!

Nirupama said...

This is such a great layout. Love how you played with typography. The sneak looks great too!

Danielle said...

Wonderful design Madeline and I love all the travel themed embellishments!

Unknown said...

Is the letters down the bottom part of the paper or left over letter stickers? I want to do that with my older sticker packs that are out of vowels (or almost there) but haven't felt it has been "right" for any page yet. I have to say, I also really love the typewriter.

Anonymous said...

Awesome layout, Madeline, some great embellishments in that kit for sure!