Saturday, April 29, 2017

Pi Day Apple Pie

There's not much going on this time of year. Mardi Gras's over; Easter's still a ways off. So, what do we do...celebrate Pi Day of course! These photos are from the the year our family began this tradition. I had never made an apple pie from scratch before, but the recipe I found in my ancient Betty Crocker cookbook seemed easy enough. Of course I had to make two. ;)



This scrapbook page is a mix of old papers and Simple Stories stickers, Thickers and alpha stickers, bingo cards, apple brad, and a couple of inked wood veneers. I was a little overzealous drawing seeds. Did you notice my mistake? ;)



(I should have confined those apple seeds to the area nearest the core, instead of spreading them about as in a watermelon! Ooops.)

For this year's Pi Day I also made two pies, one apple and one pumpkin. It was about time I used the pumpkin I had frozen from Halloween! With cinnamon crumb topping on the apple pie and orange crumb topping on the pumpkin, they were gone in no time. Yum!

No comments: