Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Disney Dream Step by Step

(As seen on the My Creative Scrapbook blog)

This photo has been sitting on my desk for quite a while (cough, cough...six years), so it's about time that I scrapped it! The discordant colors of our shirts had me pushing it aside, thinking I'd never find the "right" papers to pull it all together. I was wrong, because the gorgeous array of bright papers in My Creative Scrapbooks Main kit for May were perfect. 


All of the papers, die-cuts, puffy stickers and frames are by Jillibean Soup (Bowl of Dreams collection) and part of the Main May kit. Also from the kit are the white Thickers from American Crafts. Cardstock is Bazzill. 

Although my layout is titled, Disney Dream, the design can be easily tweaked to fit your own photo(s) and "theme". 

Here we go:

1.) First, cut (6) 9 X 1 1/2 inch strips from the following patterned papers: Dream Big, Make Magic, Think With Purpose (cut twice, used both sides), Pie in the Sky, and Aim High, ink edges, arrange the strips rainbow-like, and adhere all to a sheet of white cardstock cut down to 11 x 11 inches. 


2.) Then adhere to the center of a 12 X 12 sheet of Pie in the Sky (floral) patterned paper:


3.) Next, prepared your photo and frames. (I used one frame for my photo, and a second as an accent.) Adhere photo to the backside of the "bloom" frame. Adhere Pie in the Sky (floral) paper to the backside of the green patterned frame.


4. ) Then, arrange prepared frames, staggering placement, as shown below:


(Another option is to use the second frame for another picture, but overlap only slightly so as not to obscure the focal point of the photo.)

5. ) Now, add puffy sticker and die-cuts (dream-catcher, feathers, flowers, and greenery): 


6. ) Punch small shapes (hearts, stars, flowers, etc.) to embellish above and/or below the row of patterned paper strips. (I used a Mickey head punch to coordinate with the theme of my page.)


7. ) Adhere punched shapes and title. For an eye-catching mixed title, use a combination of Thickers and die-cut words, and accent with a punched shape.


And there you have it! If you choose to use this page as a jumping off point, I'd love to see what you create and how you make it your own. ;)

Thanks for stopping by today.



2 comments:

Mary Jo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen Mc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.