Monday, January 13, 2020

Scraplift Sunday

[Posted on the Paper Issues bog 1/12/20]

Yay for today...it's Scraplift Sunday! 

I wasn't much for scraplifting...until I began working 10 hour nights, a week on, a week off. Those "on" weeks were killer. I had no energy and little time for scrapbooking, but wanted to do something! Enter Paper Issues' Scraplift Sunday challenges. Boy were they perfect, a great jump-start for my drained brain. 

Here is my Scraplift Sunday page for today:


This amazing layout from Mary-Ann was my inspiration:


I LOVE how she incorporated all those papers and die-cuts from November's Swag Bag, grouping everything at the bottom of the page. The woodgrain background gives it white space without white! 

MY page uses papers and embellishments from Pink Paislee's Together for Christmas collection. I sorted through all the gorgeous die-cuts, and patterned papers in classic Christmas colors, then assembled a base for my photo:


Staying true to the original orientation, I placed it all on a background of gold dots on white, then started tucking in die-cuts and fussy cut flowers wherever I could. 



And there you have it. Who can argue with letting someone else do the design work, when all you have to do is pick out papers, photos, embellies, and assemble? 

If you play along, be sure to post your page on PIFF FB page for a chance in PI's monthly drawings, and on Instagram tag @PaperIssues and #ScrapliftSunday so we can oooh and aaah.
Can't wait to see what YOU create!

Use the code, MADELINE, in the Paper Issues store for 20% Off of your order.



No comments: