Sunday, May 20, 2012

Banner Love

Do you like to use banners on your pages? I had admired them for months on other people's pages before I tried one myself. Once I did one, I was hooked. I've been making banners for months now and am STILL not over them. There are SO many variations, and this is one of my favorites...a banner bursting with a hodge-podge of overlapping flags. This is also my favorite page thus far with Scraptastic's Faded Jeans kit.


The fun part of banner-making is the arranging and stacking! For this page, I cut a bunch of banner shapes from various papers...some small, some large, some thin, some wide. Then I began my layering, larger (longer) ones on the bottom, smaller (shorter) ones on the top. I cut the tickets from one of the kit papers to add to my banner, and used a couple of buttons from the kit as well. After assembling the main banner, I had a few extra pieces that were hung underneath the title block. 


I find that this is great way to use up all those bits and pieces of paper that are leftover from other projects. In this case, I'd completed a few layouts with my kit, and with my penchant for layering, had cut up many of the papers leaving me with lots of fodder for my banner. All those little scraps didn't go to waste!

It was so much fun creating this page. I guess it's a good thing that I don't scrap chronologically, because every other page would have a banner. But then again, that wouldn't be such a bad thing!

5 comments:

Katherine said...

Oooo lovely page and can't go wrong with some banners :D

Jennifer Smith-Sloane said...

Love the super layered banner!

Susan Stringfellow said...

fantastic layout design, Madeline! You always have the perfect photos for your papers. I am still loving banners too

Anonymous said...

Amazing banner work!!!

Mary Jo said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love your stacked banner!