Monday, October 29, 2012

Our (Christmas) Tree

One of my favorite types of patterned paper are those with tickets, tags, receipts, and other cut-out-able artifacts. I used several on a page about my Christmas tree. The journaling block, North Pole receipt, and Festival of Trees ticket, were all part of Echo Park's This & That Christmas collection. On top is a Santa image, punched from another of the collection's papers and adhered to a chipboard circle. Peeking out from these beneath these layers are two more of my favorite paper embellishments, a viewmaster reel and bingo card. I love those little random pieces. They add fun details without the bulk.

Here's my completed page with three little trees randomly cut from various patterned paper:


This year I thought I'd like to take a few pictures of my favorite ornaments. But gosh...where to start?!

16 comments:

scrappymo! said...

That is a great layout and you got a wonderful picture of your tree. I love the way you did the layers.

I can never get a full view of mine as it goes in a funny corner where our dining room and living room are sort of divided by a pillar.
It makes it really awkward to step back and get a photo...
I think i figured it out for this year, I need to step out onto the porch and take the picture!!!

Katherine said...

Super page and what an amazing tree, not sure I could fit one that big into my house :) You are making me excited about Christmas now and it is still only October...beautiful decorations, tinsel, presents...love it :)

Katherine said...

Super page and what an amazing tree, not sure I could fit one that big into my house :) You are making me excited about Christmas now and it is still only October...beautiful decorations, tinsel, presents...love it :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a fun trio of patterned paper trees! Love the fun layering of the bits and pieces. :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is a great layout- love the trees!

Heidi said...

I am soooo scrapping my tree this year. Great idea. Love your trees!

Margareta Carlsson said...

What a wonderful page! Great job!

Tammy said...

I love these kinds of paper too. Love how you layered everything up. Great page! :)

Blessed Ladybug said...

this is great thanks for sharing..

Staci said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Susan Stringfellow said...

your tree looks so cool with those lights. I really love the trees you cut though. I know it's hard to get started taking photos of ornaments. I just do close ups of a few each year.

Fleursbydesign said...

Great layout, love the trees :)

Patricia said...

Such a beautiful page and photo! Loving those three trees!

Mary Jo said...

Very pretty!!
I just bought that line at Archiver's a week or two ago!
Love it :)

laura said...

Love your layout. I took pictures of our ornaments last year and I have yet to do anything about them. I want to do a mini album on the ones that have some kind of significance (new baby, marriage, where we lived, were we visited...)

Anonymous said...

so lovely! great way to use those trees :)