Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Packed 2 Go Back

...Back to School that is. My middle son is not fond of having his picture taken, so to document this event, I had to be creative. Thus, it's a back to school layout featuring a photo of the packed car! The initial "A" and "Roll Tide" on the banner hint at his school...the University of Alabama. The guitar in the back of the van tells a little bit about the boy himself.


I began this layout with bits and pieces of October's Hall Pass kit from Scraptastic, adding bits and pieces from prior months' kits as well. I love finding uses for all those little leftovers: a tab here, a sticker there. Paper scraps fashioned into a banner finish the page off nicely.



 Packed 2 Go and off we went...to deliver Chris to his second year. Last I heard, he had 3 As and 2 A+s! WTG Chris!

17 comments:

Jilliene Designs said...

what a great layout!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Love the perspective you took on this! Lots of sunny yellow and a great banner!

Heidi said...

I love your photo and how it tells more of story than if you son was just standing there smiling. Great layout!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love this!! your photos is great- i would have never thought of that view!

Margie Higuchi said...

Great page and what a wonderful idea when the main character is not wanting to be pictured - lol!! Such a clever prespective too :)

Christina said...

Roll Tide Roll! :) Great layout-I'm sure my boys will be just as camera shy at this age-great way to capture the memory.

Erica said...

What a fun, bright layout!

Tanya Ham said...

This is GREAT!! :) Love the near-monochromatic look and all the layering!!

Jingle said...

Very nice! I like the banner and all the yellow!

Fleursbydesign said...

Great layout, love the banner.

Tracy said...

I am loving these banners :)
Great page. Its great how you documented this even without a photo of your son, great idea

Unknown said...

Fabulous layout! Love the colors and the photo!!!

Susan Stringfellow said...

Oh I love this!!! Super cool page and what fun light colors. Really very cool.

laura said...

This is a great layout and memory to look back on

Sue Althouse said...

Nice use of all your bits and pieces! Lovely colors and composition to your page.

Mary Jo said...

GREAT idea for a photo!
And I love your layering :)

Nancy Thomas said...

A really great perspective w/o the camera shy subject! I hope he is doing better and is celebrating all the "wins" responsibly.