Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Can It Be?

Does the calendar really say July? How did that happen?! The days move way too fast during the summer. It's such a great time of year when school and its accompanying pressures can be forgotten; and I want to enjoy every moment of it. Here is what the first day of "summer" looks like for me and my teen:


Everything is from the Scraptastic Sail kit and add-on. Two of the Fancy Pants frames, mounted on dark blue cardstock, highlight photos of that first day by the pool: my son after his morning swim practice, and my spot in the shade, with sunglasses, a good book, and an ice cold drink. 

The frames were further embellished with stickers:



A nautical-like flag was pieced from squares, triangles and rectangles of the same striped paper which borders the top and bottom of the page, with a wood veneer anchor, anchoring one side:


I love these lazy days by the pool. Take your time July and stay away August!

3 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Fabulous summer page that just says summer to me!
And I am with you! In shock that it's July :-O

Unknown said...

Awesome page to welcome summer!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Fantastic summer page, Madeline! Loving your banner work, as always. :)