Wednesday, July 30, 2014

That Last Wave...

Today I'm sharing a layout created for the American Crafts July gallery. For my page I decided to revisit a technique I've used before, and will undoubtedly use again...paper weaving! And just in time, as my vase of tear strips was stuffed to overflowing! Here's a peek at the backside of my woven mat, showing strips from the Cut & Paste, Polka Dot Party, and Plus One collections.


Here's the right side, all blues, greens, with a touch of brown and yellow:


As you can see by the finished layout, the only patterned paper besides the tear strips is a small rectangle of a yellow floral placed behind the photo:


A long title afforded me the opportunity to use several different packs of Thickers:


I love using a variety of fonts in my title. I don't know what I'd do without Thickers!

What do you do with the tear strips that you trim from patterned paper? I still have a couple of fists full in that vase of mine.

4 comments:

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

I love the paper weaving!
Fun page :)

Meghann said...

Love this, Madeline! I have tons of these in my desk drawer.

TL Marzewski said...

Always love how the weaving looks! Love the patterns.

S said...

Impressive effect that has, and kudos on using the last bit of those papers!