Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Surf's Up!


I know this blog has sat untouched for a couple of weeks now, but I have a good reason. We've been on vacation! And you know how that goes, with so much to do when you return...laundry, shopping, cleaning house, editing photos, etc. One week away and it takes several to catch up! Now I'm ready to get busy scrapping those beach pics. Here's one created with Scraptastic's June kit, Sail. 

Surfer Dudes features several extra large horizontal flags, layered from behind a colorful border strip. The strip on the left also anchors the photo of my son with two of his cousins at "Surf Camp". They were practicing dry-land surfing maneuvers before heading out on the water for the first time. 


All of the nautical-themed stickers, die-cuts and phrases in the Sail kit and add-on made embellishing the page a breeze! I love the contrast of the kraft-colored pieces against the red, white, and blue patterned papers. I dressed the pieces up with white stitching before using them as landing spots for my various embellishments. 

Surf's up...errr, I mean, next up, is a great all-purpose card created with products from the Sail kit. I began by attaching an image from the cut-apart sheet to the reverse/white side of one of the Fancy Pants frames, and then adhering all to the folded red cardstock card base. A couple of embellishments were added to finish it off, and now it's ready to celebrate a summer birthday or to carry a little note to a friend. 


Like the card says, "Enjoy your day!"


2 comments:

Tanya Ham said...

OMGoodness, I LOVE it!! I'm off to check out this kit, those papers and the little sun clip are too adorable!!! :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Fabulous projects, Madeline! Welcome back. :)