Thursday, September 24, 2015

Good Times

The page I'm sharing today features a photo taken at our favorite "beach or bust" restaurant. Lunch at Felix's has been a delicious on-the-way-to-Destin tradition, but one that may go the way of the dinosaur after this year. Taking so much time out of our drive for a sit down meal at a busy, busy restaurant just isn't working, especially when it has us in the thick of traffic 2-3  hours later. 

Anyway, this year I happened to capture a picture of my parents after our meal, ready to head back out to the car, and on to our destination. 


I layered papers and a photo on the left side of the page, then journaled about our week at the beach on the right. The gold accents are awesome...but it creates havoc when trying to capture a decent photo. Everything is from Scraptastic's Elastic Heart kit from August. Catching up! ;)


To complement the picture of my parents, I took particular care to note events in which they participated...although I don't think any of us will forget the day my Dad rode out a frightening thunderstorm under a tarp on the beach. Yikes.


Several embellishments from the kit were tucked into my paper layers above: chalkboard flags and tabs, transparency tags and banners, a pretty pink tag, and flair that coordinates with one of the patterned papers. So fun!

Thanks for stopping by today. :)


No comments: