Friday, November 13, 2009

Inspiration In Reverse

(Archiving LM Blog Post-July 26, 2009)

Many times I'll finish a page and it will inspire a card. This time it was the other way around. A card inspired the page! The wild designs and colors of Basic Grey's "Fruit Fizz" originally intimidated me...until I noticed how it was used on one of the card samples in the Basic Grey Lime Rickey card kit.

Taking a clue from the card, I used the busy patterned paper as a frame around the page and matted the center portion on black cardstock. As accents for my page, I made super-sized "whirlie birds", with one for each of the kids in the photographs accompanying the layout. The birds on the "Howdy Doody" patterned paper are adorable, and I think my whimsical recreations add a lot of character to the page...to go with the "characters" in the photos. Silly boys!

No comments: