Sunday, March 4, 2012

Be Amazing

Yesterday I wrote about the DIY chevron stamp made from priority box corrugated cardboard. Today, I'm showing off the page created with it, probably my favorite thus far with the Be Amazing Kit from Scraptastic Club.


I love using kraft cardstock as a background, but wanted to liven it up a bit. First it was splattered with a little yellow and black paint, but it needed more. After an unsuccessful search around the house for bubble wrap, I came upon the idea for a chevron design and made my own stamp. Here are the results:


My love for banners continues! Circles cut from the patterned paper were folded in half over the twine and strung across the page twice.


The chipboard letters were sanded down in preparation for an application of paint, but once sanded, I LOVED the look and left them alone. Scanning and printing the boarding pass/tickets accomplished two things. I was able to fiddle with the color and turn the bright Christmas green tickets into ones that better matched the colors of my layout. And now that they are printed on acid-free paper, they are archival and safe for my scrapbook.


Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Erica said...

That came out cool!

Katherine said...

Beautiful page (and I love banners too :))

Anonymous said...

turned out lovely!

Pam said...

How creative! Love the banners! Thanks for sharing!

Tracy said...

Nice layout. I like how you did your banner:)

Stephanie said...

I love everything about this layout! It is gorgeous!! I'm a new follower!

Christina Collins said...

This layout turned out great! I love how you made your own little chevron stamp.

Sue Althouse said...

Love the chevron and your banner!

scrapper al said...

Great layout! I like the circle banners.