Monday, March 19, 2012

Bella Citta

Bella Citta...Beautiful City. Florence was such a place. I took so many photos on our half day whirlwind tour in that city. Everywhere you turned there were ornate buildings, churches, sculptures, fountains, and bridges. I scrapped many of my photos back in 2004, right after my trip, but still had an envelope full of ones I hadn't touched. I took out a few to scrap.

I had several October Afternoon Boardwalk papers from an order placed months ago. At the time the store was out of some of the patterns but had enough to interest me anyway. Recently I ordered some more of the collection, because I especially wanted one of the patterns I missed previously, one being a yellow print. I started the page with what I had, hoping my order would come in while working on it, (because I really needed that yellow!) Finally, I got antsy with my half thought-out, cut-out, and laid-out layout sitting around, and finished the page with some yellow paper scraps from another line.


Of course, my order arrived just an hour or so later. It figures.

15 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

great job!! florence is one of my all time favorite cities in the world!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I love Florence and this beautiful page! Great banner work!

Katherine said...

It's a super page and I love all the banners :)

Erica said...

This is amazing! I love the layout.

Linda Beeson said...

This is wonderful! Love the photos and the great little accents on the layout.

Cori in W. Texas said...

My daughter recently returned from a semester in Florence... stunning, amazing city! Love that you captured your brief stay in such a fun way.

Anonymous said...

very nice!!!!

Alyssa said...

Love the banners in the corner!

Unknown said...

love the colors and the banner in the upper left corner!

Ashley Calder said...

I love the colours on this page! Very cool.

Penny said...

Great job, I love this! Love Penny

Unknown said...

nice!

Alyssa said...

Wow, those photos are gorgeous! And I love what you did with them. Such a beautiful layout.

Margie Higuchi said...

Oooo, I always wanted to go but never had the chance...well, at least not yet. Your page just peaked my interest again - great layout!

Susan Stringfellow said...

thanks for letting me make a sketch with this! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! and I finally started following you by email so I won't miss stuff.