Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Washi Enabler Warning!

I know this is old news for most, but I've just discovered Washi Tape! Yes, I had seen it before. A sweet RAK arrived in the mail several weeks ago from a scrappy friend...and she used some pretty Parisienne themed Washi tape on some of the items inside. I've also noticed it used more frequently in scrapbook galleries, on layouts and in Smash books.  Yes, my attention was already piqued, but it wasn't until I shopped around and came across this brightly colored pack of mini rolls that I succumbed. Colorful gets me every time.

Etsy Listing: japanese-washi-tape-mini-starter-kit

And gosh...there's actually quite a bit of tape on each of those rolls. Now I hope I can find a lot of pretty ways to use this new-to-me product! I didn't just buy it to look good on my shelf. ;)

If you're familiar with this product, what is YOUR favorite way to use it?

12 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

all that washi tape looks fabulous!!

Unknown said...

Haven't tried washi tape yet...need to get some!! Yours looks fabulous:)

Tanya Ham said...

I ordered several rolls that just came in. I'm excited to try it! :)

Pam W. said...

I love using washi tape-so great in place of ribbon and to adhere a photo!

Linda said...

I love washi tape :D

Erica said...

I have a serious addiction too. I've told myself I'm not allowed to buy anymore until I use up some of what I have. I've started wrapping extra for friends and giving them 5-10 yards off a few rolls each time I see them. Its helping me use up the big rolls.

Kat said...

I too have a washi obsession in fact i just blogged about it about a week ago if you want to check out my blog. There are some great shops on etsy where you can get them. I have a bunch in my cart waiting for me to pay LOL

Johanna said...

I love the look of washi, I will have to use it more!

Tracy said...

I really like the colours that you have.
I have one roll (i think its washi tape, it was with the smash book products?)
I used it once and it was about a 2" piece, lol
I should look up other ways to use it...or just stalk you and see what you do with yours ;)

Alyssa said...

I bought a similar set of washi tape with darker colors. Love it! I have used it as a border, to attach an item, as a photo corner, to decorate a journaling block . . . you get the idea. :)

scrapper al said...

That looks like a great set. I have a couple of rolls that are still unused in my stash. I must get over this hoarding!

www.wishywashi.com said...

we use it on everything!