Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Picture Perfect Day

Ahhh...the beautiful blue waters of Bermuda! Did you know that there's actually a scientific reason that the that these waters are such a pretty deep shade of blue? They appear bluer than the water in many other locales due to the low levels of phytoplankton in the waters surrounding the island. Whatever the reason, it looks so inviting and I really wanted to get those delightful colors onto my page. I tried to do just that in a couple of different ways. First, I lightly sprayed my kraft cardstock background with Glimmer Mist (Lake), a beautiful blue-green color that approximated the ocean hues. Next, I chose various papers in shades of blue or blue print. I cut, inked and layered them on the page, adding a cluster of embellishments and my title. The ocean's colors were picked up perfectly in the paper that is placed directly behind my photo!

What is also amazing and unusual about this day, is that Tommy and I are in the photo together, thanks to whoever took the camera from me and snapped this pic! And that thought brought about the idea of placing a camera embellishment on my page. I found this camera clip art image in the public domain and free for personal use, cut it out with my die-cutting machine, matted it on white paper, cut again by hand and added a little heart. Fun!



Aside from the tiny letter stickers, everything on this page came from the beautiful Be Amazing Kit, one of two March selections from Scraptastic Club!

Supplies: Patterned paper-My Mind's Eye, October Afternoon. Kraft cardstock-Bazzill. Layered stickers-My Mind's Eye. Twine-My Mind's Eye. Chipboard clouds-Studio Calico. Chipboard letter stickers-Jellibean Soup. Tiny letter stickers-Making Memories. Large butterfly- Small butterfly stickers-Studio Calico.

5 comments:

Blessed Ladybug said...

very nice i love the color.. alway cherish the memories of a perfect day .. thanks...

Unknown said...

love the colors, you're layout is beautiful!

Christina Collins said...

So cute! Love that little camera.

Erica said...

Another amazing layout! You've made some fun pages with this kit!

Penny said...

Great layout and fun facts about the water! Love Penny Scrap-aholic.blogspot.com