Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pretty in Pink, Peach, Aqua, etc.

Although I rarely scrap with pastel, girly colors, I was immediately enamoured with the Dear Lizzy paper collection. You could say that it was love at first sight. Those mason jars had me, and I could only imagine the possibilities! After debating with myself for a couple of weeks, I gave in and ordered some of the pretty pastel papers and a booklet of stickers. Digging through my photos, I found a few that I thought might work.

A picture of my son, his friends, and their dates on the night of their Senior Prom had a multitude of pretty colors like those in the paper collection. Then I spotted the "Sweeter Together" sticker, and a page was born.


To continue with the celebratory theme, I cut out one of those mason jars and filled it with colorful confetti punched by hand from several of the other papers. Ouch.


Jenni Bowlin chipboard buttons were covered with patterned paper, sanded, coated with gloss medium, and tied with floss.



Hmmm...I could get used to this. Pretty and girly is not a bad thing, except maybe if you're scrapping a 12 year old boy. ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This turned out great!!!

Staci said...

Such a pretty LO! Thanks for sharing!

Johanna said...

I think it's great! Found it on Pinterest and had to repin it.

Suzanne said...

What a cute page!

Katherine said...

LOL about the 12 year old boy :D It's a fab page and the colours are gorgeous :)

Katherine said...

LOL about the 12 year old boy :D It's a fab page and the colours are gorgeous :)

Mary Jo said...

Love, love the confetti filled jar!!
I am definitely inspired to try that :)