Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Frugal Scrapper

 Blame it on the fact that there are no LSSs in my area, and ordering supplies online could mean a week or more before that precious box hits my doorstep. Whatever the reason, I'm a frugal scrapper. And when designing with kits, I seem to be especially frugal. I cut out middles when I only need a border. I carefully save the perimeter and use the middle when I only need a small rectangle for layering. When working on my first layout with Scraptastic Club's April kit, I needed to punch a red circle. This is what I did:


I estimated the area of cardstock that would be covered by other papers and/or embellishments and punched the circle where it wouldn't show later. And yes, you can also see that the dark grey cardstock forming the bottom "layer" of my page has the middle cut out! Another frugal way to eliminate waste and bulk from my page. The grey center was then used for my title and to mat the photo. And in the end, you'll never know that there are holes underneath.

Anything to stretch those supplies!

4 comments:

norma g said...

Great tips on how to make the most of your supplies, beautiful layout too. I love the red :D

Penny said...

I do this too, and I also don't have a LSS anywhere near me, so maybe that's it. I have spent the last 3 days making fancy flowers from my scraps! LOL Great layout! Love Penny

byondbzr said...

Great tip, thanks for sharing!

Patricia said...

Great ideas for being frugal!